Sycamore Financial Planning believes everyone in your family benefits from long-term care planning. You and your loved ones can gain confidence knowing an unexpected disability or illness will not damage the rest of your financial plans including retirement solvency for surviving family members.
The best way to ensure your needs are met later in life is to establish a long-term care plan while you are still healthy and able to prudently evaluate your options. A comprehensive long-term care plan will take into consideration the financial implications for those who wish to remain at home as well as those who wish to transition over time into alternative settings for enhanced care (e.g., assisted living or continuing care retirement communities).
Long-term Care Planning. Sycamore’s long-term care planning services include:
- Ensuring you have adequate resources to fund your long-term care needs including:
- recommendations for key parameters of a long-term care insurance policy,
- an assessment of the affordability of long-term care insurance premiums, and
- your ability to self-insure for long-term care costs
- Ensuring you put in place your core estate planning documents including: a will, a health care power of attorney, a general power of attorney, and a living will
CCRC Planning. Sycamore can also assist you in identifying whether a continuing care retirement community (CCRC) is a good fit for your goals and resources. Sycamore’s CCRC planning services include:
- Identifying a CCRC for the clients’ needs,
- Assessing the affordability of the chosen CCRCs, and
- Identifying more affordable alternatives to a CCRC when necessary